Losing weight is hard and staying the same is hard. Change isn’t easy as the human brain is designed to stay in a comfort zone.
Most people fear change and consider the fear of unknown as the major obstacle.
Why is change difficult?
In my opinion there are two reasons:
1. We don’t want it badly enough (motivation)
2. We don’t know how to make it happen (techniques)
How many times did you want to lose weight? Get fit? Stop smoking? But you always seem to go back to old patterns ?
It’s very common to get excited for change as motivation is the key element. At the moment we take conscious action we are likely to stick to the process for a while. The moment we stop paying attention we are back on the old tracks.
It’s all about being self aware of thoughts, feelings and your mindset.
Making that lasting change
1. Make a plan and write it down – look at it Daily to remind yourself
2. Get support from the positive people in your life who clap for you, support you, help you, advise you or give you great ideas
3. Get help from a professional such as a Personal Trainer, Mentor, Life coach or counsellor, they can help guide you and talk things out
5. Finally, stay strong! Anything is possible if you believe in yourself!
Thank you for reading another great Blog by Lydia Buxton
Lydia is a Personal Trainer and Mentor based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. Lydia offers training via Zoom and in her Studio for those Local. You can contact her directly on Instagram for more coaching advice.