Let me introduce myself
Hey, my name is Lydia Buxton and I’m a personal trainer based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. I’ve been working in the industry for 10 years. I’ve always been passionate about exercise, nutrition and mindset for as-long as I can remember.
I also have fitness qualifications in sports nutrition Level 4, Pilates, Pre and Postnatal and I am both a Spinning instructor and Trx instructor.
I absolutely love helping people reach there fitness & exercise goals and be the best versions of themselves they can be.
Conversations are important, and some need to be shared
I was having a chat with one of my lovely clients and we got on to the subject of emotional versus physical hunger. Most of the time when people overeat it’s for emotional reasons that have nothing to do with physical hunger such as:
- Social pressure
One of the key skills to lose weight and keep it off is to be able to tell the difference between the emotional and physical hunger cues in your body and take care of your emotions separately.
Are you hungry? Really?
Here’s a check list to help you work out whether you are really hungry or not:
- Am I physically hungry? When was the last time you ate? What did you eat? Rule this out before blaming those emotions
- Am I satisfied with what I’ve eaten today? Was it wholesome and filling or snacks filled with sugar?
- How am I feeling? Identify the emotion….. Am I bored? Am I sad? Am I angry?
- What do I need or what can I do to sooth that emotion?
- Sometimes sitting down and addressing how you feel / emotion will help you make better choices – write it down, get it off your chest.
Then decide – am I hungry?
Better to work through the emotion and understand your own mind and body. Change isn’t easy, it takes time.
Lydia offers various classes from her home studio and over Zoom. For more help or advice, please contact Lydia direct via Instagram.
We can help you make your dreams come true
Our guided journal is here to help you understand what your dreams are and how to live your dream life. Dreams do come true.